Ration card is one of the most important documents of every Indian citizen. Whatever is your annual income, everyone should have a ration card. This document is not just for food security, but it is useful in multiple ways. In simpler words, the ration card offers food security to all the needy people across the country. Every Indian state has different types of ration cards with different terms and conditions. However, the procedure and rules are almost the same.
Today, in this article, we’ll be talking about the AP Ration Card. It means Andhra Pradesh Ration Card. Yes, we’ll be briefly discussing the ration card of Andhra Pradesh. We’ll also discuss some important aspects of the AP ration card.
What Is AP Ration Card?
AP ration card is a document that was introduced by the Andhra Pradesh state with the help of the India Government a couple of years back. Due to this, poor people of this state will be able to get needful supplies. These food supplies will be available at a subsidized rate.
With the implementation of the ration card, poor people can get these food supplies without any hassle. Sometimes, Andhra Pradesh Government also provides financial aid to the ration cardholders. This document is also used for the identification process across the country. Certain schemes are always introduced by the Government of India for the ration cardholders.
What Is Rice Card In Andhra Pradesh?
In February 2020, before the Covid-19 crisis, Andhra Pradesh Government started replacing the AP ration card with Rice Card. Yes, Rice card is the new version of the AP Ration Card. According to various reports, the Andhra Pradesh Government will replace more than 1.3 crore ration cards.
However, more than 18 lakh individuals were found with fake beneficiary identities. Due to this, Andhra Pradesh Government hired volunteers to survey every house to reveal the actual beneficiaries. All the beneficiaries who are genuine will be identified with YSR Rice Card.
What Are The Benefits Of AP Ration Card / Rice Card In The Covid-19 Crisis?
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, the nationwide lockdown step has been taken by the Government of India. This lockdown is effective in every state of India. Everyone has to stay indoors and not allowed outdoors without permission.
Like every state government, Andhra Pradesh state government took numerous steps to break a couple of chains. According to various reports, every ration card of Andhra Pradesh will get standard food supplies with 1 kg of legumes. Above all, beneficiaries will also get benefits of 1000 INR directly into their bank account.
The eligibility and commodities prices for the ration cardholders are still the same.
How To Apply For AP Ration Card / Rice Card Online?
Previously, individuals have to visit a particular government office to apply for a new ration card. Now, the time has changed, and most of the government procedures are carried through online mode. In this technology-driven world, you can now apply for an AP ration card online. If you want to apply for AP ration card, follow the below steps:
- First, you have to visit the official website of AP Civil Supplies Department. The link to this official website- https://aepos.ap.gov.in/ePos/index.jsp. You just have to enter this link into your official browser. This department handles everything related to ration cards and food supplies.
- However, you can also visit the Meeseva portal and register yourself. You have to follow the registration process by submitting your personal details. Once the registration process is completed, you’ll receive a login ID and password.
- Login into the Meeseva portal by using the login credentials. You have to fill the AP ration card application form by submitting your personal details, annual income, and work details. Above all, you have to also attach your photo identity and address proof documents with the application form. There are various government centers available throughout the state for the issue of ration cards.
- If you struggle while uploading the documents, you can also seek professional help. Once you have attached the documents, directly click on the ‘Submit’ button.
- In the end, the reference number will be generated. You have to secure this reference number. However, with this reference number, you have to check your application status by visiting the official portal of the AP Civil Supplies Department.
- The procedure of applying for a new ration card on the Meeseva portal and AP Civil Supplies Department is the same.
How To Check AP Ration Card/Rice Card Status?
- The Citizen Of Andhra Pradesh, who wants to check their status of AP ration card. Firstly, you have to visit the same official website.
- When you visit the homepage in the menu bar and search for the option of ‘Public Reports.’
- Under the Public Reports section, you will get a sub-option ‘AP Card Status’ option.
- Now, you have to enter the reference number or Public Head Aadhar Number. Finally, click on the ‘Submit’ option.
- Now, the status of the ration card can be seen on your screen.
How To Do E-KYC Of AP Ration Card Online?
- First, you have to visit the official website, the link is https://www.spandana.ap.gov.in/index.html.
- Now, you will get the ‘Online User Login’ option. Click on this option, and a new window will appear on your screen.
- Now, in the new window, you have to enter Public Head Aadhar Number and captcha code.
- After providing all the details, you’ll get the ‘E-KYC’ option.
- An OTP will be sent on your registered phone number with UIDAI Aadhar.
- Now, in the next step, you have to enter the OTP and provide all the details attentively.
How To Check The Status Of AP Ration Card E-KYC?
If you want to check the status of AP ration card E-Kyc, then follow the below steps:
- First, you have to visit the official website of the Department Of Consumer Affairs Food And Civil Supplies.
- You’ll get an option of ‘Status Check’ on the homepage. Hit this option and click on the ‘Pulse Servey’ option.
- Enter your Aadhar card number and tap on the ‘Search’ button. Finally, all the details related to your E-KYC will appear on your screen.